Thursday, March 12, 2015

Life at a community college






Life at a community college is a lot different then going to a four year school. As of right now I am attending my local community college. At the beginning of my senior year I still had no idea where I wanted to go to college, if I wanted to stay close to home or move away, or even what I wanted to study. As the year progressed this decision for myself didn't get much easier. I knew myself and I knew I would not do well far away from home quite yet. I was kind of a home body and wasn't quite ready to fly the nest. I'm still not sure if I am. 
       In the middle of my senior year I applied to the local community college. The process was so easy all I pretty much did was sign my name and I was a student. To be completely honest I was not very thrilled about this decision and freaked out about starting. I really did want to go to a big four year school, have tons of school spirt, get college apparel, join a sorority, have my own dorm room. But it just didn't work out that way.
         Looking back now I would have made the same decision I had. Going to community college was the best decision I have made for myself. It is less than half the price a semester than going to a four year school which is great for a person who has no idea what they wanted to do. I think I have changed my mind at least five times with what I want to study. Community college makes that so much easier.
          Now that I am almost done with my associates degree I have future plans to move on to a four year school to get my bachelors. And although I am not 100% sure where I want to go to school yet I now have a better idea and know what i'm going for! This was a good decision for myself and I am so happy I made this decision! This decision is what got me motivated to continue my education and take it in a more serious matter. I think I just needed a little extra time to figure everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment