Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Best Drugstore Tanning Products




During the winter months, I get super pale and as crazy as this sounds, it really makes me feel down about myself. I used to go to the tanning booth (don't do it, it's not worth it) but now I stick to the lotions and foams. I'm not going to lie it makes me really nervous to use tanning lotion. I have definitely been that girl in middle school with her palms bright orange and a stream of tan running down her forearm. And I can totally forget about a spray tan, I've only done a spray tan maybe two times and each time I got a super bad sinus infection. The first time I was in bed for a week and laid there with no lights on due to a massive headache I received anytime a light shined. I am just recently getting into tanning lotions so I don't to spend a ton of money on a product if i'm not comfortable using it.

Each of these products is completely different than the other. The Jergens instant sun is a foam base and gives a darker color than all the others. I got the light bronze in this one and it can get really dark if it is used more than two days in a row. The one I really like the most would be the Jergens wet skin moisturizer. This you use in the shower before you dry off with your towel. I loved the regular Jergens moisturizer which does not irritate my skin like some moisturizers do. I have the fair to medium coverage and it gives very little color but it can be just enough to brighten the skin. Another one I like is the L'Oreal sublime bronze, these a tanning wipes which your just wipe all over your body and these dry really quickly. The last one I like is the Neutrogena build a tan, which is a traditional lotion base and leaves a really good color. 

There are a couple things that I have learned that are important to keep in mind when self-tanning:
  • Use a less amount of lotion around your elbows and knees.
  • Be careful not to get a line on your wrists when being sparse around your hands. 
  • Wash your hands afterward to avoid orange palms
  • try a tanning mitt to get an even coverage. 
  • Don't over do it. If you are not satisfied with the coverage after the first day then do it again, but never more than two days in a row.  
  • Know your skin and what will work best for you.







4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tips! I can definitely relate to self-tanning disasters haha. If you don't mind spending a little bit more on self-tanner, I would recommend the Bondi Sands self-tanning foam - it's absolutely foolproof!

    Erin Plaid & Pearls 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the foamy Jergens too! Now is the time when I start using it as well-lol-tis the season! great recommendations! ---Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete