Monday, April 13, 2020

Game Night


Since the pandemic has started there have been many game nights here in our house. Each year we usually get a few games for Christmas, one blogmas I wrote a whole post dedicated to board games. We actually have board games that we have never even opened so today I'm sharing a few that we had laying around the house and have turned into our favorites.

Imaginiff: This game is more fun to be played with 8 people but it can be played with less. Each player's name is written around the board game and there are eight spots. The die is rolled and lands on a player's name to which then a card is read giving a question and six possible answers. Each player has cards with the numbers 1-6 and each player lays down a card that correlates to the numbers on the question card. For example player, one relates the most to which sport, 1. basketball 2. soccer 3. hockey 4. dance 5. table tennis 6. football. If I thought player one related the most to hockey I would lay down the 3 card. The players who all put down the same number card get to move ahead.

Othello: This is a great game to play with just two people, it reminds me of a puzzle game. One player has white chips and one has black chips. The objective of the game is to get more of your color chip on the board. If there is a row of white chips with a black chip at the end and you put a black chip on the other end you can then flip all the white chips in between.

Smartass: This is a fun trivia game with four sets of cards, what am I, who am I, and where am I cards. Each card gives clues about the subject of the card, if you get the answer correct you get to move forward a space, if you guess and you are wrong you don't get to guess again for the round, if no one guesses correct you get to move forward. There are also hardass cards for when two players tie, this is a hard trivia question which only the players who tied get to answer to see who moves forward.

Telestrations: This is hands down my favorite game of all time, this is like a mix of Pictionary and telephone. Each player gets a whiteboard booklet and on one page you draw your word then the next player writes what they think the picture is, then the next person draws and so on. The results can turn out hilarious, there's an adult version and a cleaner version but each version is equally as fun.

Loaded questions: This game is a lot like cards against humanity but you come up with your own answers. When we first played this game it took a minute to get the hang of but once we got going the answers were so funny. The player whose turn it is reads the question then all of the players give the answer sheets to the person on the right who reads off the answer for the person whose turn it is to pick a favorite and guess who wrote which answer. If you guess correctly then you get to move forward the number of players answers you got correct.

Do you have any game recommendations??

4 comments:

  1. I love game nights! Growing up my family made it a habit to have a game night once a week. Now whenever they visit or we visit them we play. We love card games. One game that we love is SkipBo. It's a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these games, so I'll definitely check them out! We like to play monopoly, lately we've been playing the Golden Girls version, and battleship, as well as jenga.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that sounds so fun. I like playing the mini soccer game.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'm finally moving back in with my parents and sister next week (thanks quarantine) but I'm kind of... excited now? I'll definitely be making us play Imaginiff haha - sounds like bonding... and I can find out what my parents really think of me :')

    -M
    MEGHAN

    ReplyDelete