Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Allbirds Review

Kyle and I recently took a trip to New York City and the only thing Kyle wanted to do while we were there was to go to the Allbirds store and check out their sneakers. I had actually been wanting a pair for a while now so I was excited to go. What Kyle didn't mention to me was that it was an hour walk from our hotel but regardless I still went.


The store itself was pretty cool and there was always someone willing to help you and get you a new pair of shoes. I had gone in wanting a pair of the original Allbirds but I didn't realize (should have done more research) they were made completely of wool. I am really sensitive to wool so I was a little nervous. I tried on the tree runners first which were nice, the tree runners are made of tree fibers and have wool on the insole of the shoe. But I could not get the wool ones out of my head. I tried on the wool ones and fell in love with them, its also been a few weeks with them and they have not bothered me.


At the store, you ask for a type of shoe and they bring you any type of color and then if you like them you can ask for a certain color (at least that's what we did). When I asked for the wool pair they brought out these yellow which I loved and then later realized they were classified as "rarebirds" and the guy at the store said "if they have those in your size then you should get them because we won't have them again" so then I knew it was meant to be and I had to get them. I really love them because they are so different and really make a bold statement with any outfit. Another cool thing was that they gave out free laces so Kyle and I grabbed green, yellow and blue laces. I think the navy blue laces look super cool with the yellow.


Kyle also got a pair of Allbirds but he did end up going with the tree runners. He thought that his feet may get too hot in the wool ones and the tree runners are more durable than the wool. The tree runners only have wool on the soles and are made of a tree fiber so they are a little lighter. He got the all white ones which I think are so cool looking. He was really nervous about getting them dirty but you can throw them in the washing machine so that made him feel better.

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of Allbirds shoes. They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete