Friday, May 1, 2020

Weekly Review | Weekend Happenings


Weekly Review: This week was one of the tough ones but it was for good, on Monday a group of us went into our elementary school and took down the set. If you have been a long time reader then you know I help direct a sixth-grade play and for the past couple of years I have been the costume director.

On Monday we went into the school and took down the set, bagged up all of the costumes, and put away all of our sound equipment. We then labeled all of the costumes and drove around our community and dropped all of the bags off. I swear I must be on a bunch of families ring doorbells running away like a crazy person because I was trying hard not to be caught by the kids and to make sure I was being socially distant.

Weekend Happenings: Today we find out if we are going back to school or not which will be an interesting decision either way. Other than finding out that important news not much is happening this weekend as expected. I'm hoping the weather will be nice and we will be able to get in a few bike rides or a nice long walk, walks have honestly been my saving grace through this pandemic.

Favorite Things:

  • I am almost done with this semester which means I can leisure read again so I am looking for some good light reads to start! Lemonstripes put up today called the Jetsetters and said she was late to the game so I guess I am too! But if you have any other recommendations I would greatly appreciate it to read something other than a research article.
  • Birthday and Graduation parades: I love this idea, I feel as though this is one of those things that is bittersweet because it's so nice of others to do but so sad that we can't be with the ones we love. My sister is a senior and my brother is graduating with his masters and my stomach is in a knot for them because they may have to miss out on these big milestones in their lives. 
  • Apple Pencil: This has curred hours of boredom and I recently got the procreate app and I have been doing those pictures where you trace over a picture, it's like a thing on tik tok but i'll add a picture below to show you! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I know a lot of plans have been rearranged because of this pandemic. My husband who is a substitute teacher when he's not wearing his pastor hat, was set to do a magic show for one of the schools in town. They called school out for the remainder of the year and I know he was pretty bummed he didn't get to do it for the kids there. It's a rough year, but I know it'll look up at some point!

    ReplyDelete