Wednesday, January 11, 2017

My Favorite Travel Size Face Masks


My skin doesn't like much (it's very sensitive) but there is one thing in particular that my skin does not like and that is the cold that the winter months bring. With this extra sensitivity, I am super careful with what I put on my face during this stressful time. I love face masks but hate when they break me out and hate even more when I pay a Sh*t ton of money on one that makes me break out. Cause lets me honest face masks are FREAKING EXPENSIVE, but there are some drug store ones that are pretty good. I tend to buy the travel size of face masks if they are available in that size for a couple of reasons. One being that it is an inexpensive way to try out the product to see if this is something that will work well with you. Second I typically like to switch up my face products so that my face doesn't get used to something and then stop working. I like to have a few good face masks to rotate through and this way you can keep trying new products with the travel size and not have a ton of leftover product with the full size. It's good to know what ingredients are in the products you are using. I know that I cannot use proactive products due to some of the ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide. Try out new products and use the process of elimination if you are unsure what is causing the irritation.

Formula 10.06 Peel MaskStrawberry Mud MaskOrange Mud Mask: I originally started with the peel mask of this line and I loved it because I think it is so fun to peel them off. I actually bought it from Old Navy of all places. Then I went back around Christmas time and they had a set of all three of these. The peach colored one is a peel off mask and the other two are mud masks. Each mask leaves your skin feeling super smooth and hydrated. 

Glam Glow Full-size supermudTravel size set: Honestly if you haven't tried a glam glow mask you are really missing out. There are really pricey but they are so worth every amount of money that you spend. These face masks really work at least for me so the travel sizes and the smaller sizes that are a little less expensive are available and you will fall in love.

Microdelivery | detoxifying oxygen peel: This is the most interesting mask I have ever used so far. I am always looking for unique and different masks that can make my skin care routine fun. I received this one from my brother's girlfriend from Christmas (Shout out to you Kait!) and I fell in love. There are two steps, the first step is the black bottle this is a charcoal mask and you apply and fully coverage layer. The second step is the white bottle and this is applied over the top of the black charcoal mask. The second layer activates the first and begins to foam, it is so fun! The last step is to take off the mask. The plastic piece that it comes with is a derma blade, and to use this you act as though you are shaving your face to remove the product. Then you rinse off the access and your skin feels amazing afterward. For this mask, you have to follow the instructions because I waited too long in between the two steps and it didn't work. But it is one you definitely have to check out. 

One last tip for trying out face masks is the samples from Sephora. Sephora will give you an example of anything that you ask for. I've never been denied a product to try so I'm not sure if there is something that they won't give you but almost all face masks they will give you a sample of. The sample is usually good for 2-3 tires to you can really get a feel for how your skin is going to react. 

Let me know what face masks you're loving!



























3 comments:

  1. I need to get this Glam Glow mask. These products sound amazing.
    Nina
    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Deep Down Detox Mud Mask is my favorite! It leaves your skin so so soft.

    Erin
    Top Knots & Sweatpants

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE GlamGlow face masks! I'll have to try the Formula 10.06 ones though. I've never heard of them and I love peel masks!

    Bryn || The Wine Chronicles

    ReplyDelete