Friday, January 13, 2017

Refreshing For The New Semester


It's that time of year again when all the college students have to get back into a routine of waking up for an 8 am class, writing 10-page papers, and freezing while walking across campus (at least in upstate New York we will). Getting back into the swing of things can be really hard for me, especially since I have been sleeping in until almost 10:30 every morning. Waking up early was not one of my new year's resolutions in case you can't tell. This semester I don't have any 7:00 am's (thank god) but I do have a couple 9:00 am's and with my school being a 20-minute commute I do have to wake up earlier than most. There are a few things that I have found to make the semester easier for me and I hope they make it easier for you as well.



1. Get new supplies...
This is something that really helps me to get excited and feel refreshed about the upcoming semester. I typically only use one notebook with 5 subjects because I have found that has kept me the most organized. Although I am taking a few different classes this semester so I think I may use single notebooks this semester and see how that works out.

2. Start prepared...
I think that it is really important to start prepared for the semester. One way is to check your school email, I know personally I haven't opened up my email once over break but it could be really helpful too. As I said earlier I'm taking different classes this semester and one of them is figure skating. My college requires everyone to take 2 gym classes in order to gratuate. Although this seems like something people would dread it's actually quite fun, one of the classes you can choose is clowning. Yes, I just typed out on my computer that in college you can take an actually clowning class as a gym class. Here is a direct quote from my college website about the class: "Beginning skills of clowning including single & double stunts, tumbling, mime, juggling, balloonology, circus arts, make-up, costuming, etc." There is also bowling, jogging, jazz dance and many others. So now that my rant is over I can get to my point... my figure skating class is off campus and surprisingly there are like five different ice skating rinks in the city around my school so I am waiting on an email to find out where our class is going to be held. Sometimes professors will email you telling you to get the book before class so you will have it for the first day of classes.

3. Have a good mindset...
Tell yourself that you can do this and have a positive vibe toward your school work. Something that always helps me is to get something that makes me excited for the upcoming semester. This time it's my new Kate Spade 2017 planner. I am so excited to start to use this and fill it with homework but more importantly lunch dates and parties. But for someone else, this could be a new set of colorful pens or a new pencil case. It should be something that you'll be excited to use throughout the semester...maybe this is just me, but for me, it works.


This planner is currently on sale at Kate Spade HERE for only 18$



Let me know what works well for you to prepare for the new semester.















5 comments:

  1. Ahh I miss that time of year. I always loved a fresh start in a new semester. I found the most helpful way to organize notebooks was to have a binder for each day. Example is MWF classes were in one binder, and TR classes were in another. I used loose leaf paper instead of spiral notebooks so I could move things around whenever I needed to. That helped to cut down on the bulk of carrying multiple notebooks, and forgetting one that I needed that day.

    New school supplies were always a great motivator too! I still get giddy over fresh office supplies. :) Have a great semester!

    Erin
    Top Knots & Sweatpants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! My term starts up this week and I just went and bought all of my new supplies - they look so pretty that it's actually making me excited for my classes to start!

    Taylor | http://espressoandambition.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I loled when I read "clowning class!" I wish my school had offered that! I took chimpanzee psychology for my psych requirement a couple years ago, and it was a really good class! I guess the weirdest ones are sometimes the best ones! I'm jealous you get to take figure skating! My ice skating days were over when I quit lessons in second grade! Hope you have a good start to your semester!
    xoxo,
    Abigail
    http://www.belleofthebrier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great ideas for getting back into a new year! I also think these can be adapted for going back to work after the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the planner! & totally agree, it's essential to start a fresh semester off on the right foot.

    xx. The Coastal Confidence
    http://the-coastalconfidence.com

    ReplyDelete