Monday, July 9, 2018

Sisters First Book Review


This past weekend I finished reading Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life by Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush. I've never done a book review before but this book was too good not to talk about and the perfect summer read so I decided to dedicate a whole post about it.

The biggest reason and mainly the only reason I decided to read this book is because of my obsession with Jenna on the today show, I just love the bubbly attitude and real personality that she brings to the morning show. Little did I know that after reading this book I would also have a strong love and admiration of her sister Barbra. 

Through this book, the reader hears both perspectives of Jenna's and Barbra's about living their lives in the spotlight of first their grandfather as president and then not too long after their father's presidency. One of my favorite parts of this book was when they both talked about their summer's spent in Maine. This was fun to read about for me because my family and I just recently took a trip to Maine and went to a lookout to view walker's point which is the home the Bush family spends many if not all summers. 

As the book goes on I learned many things about the Bush family that I never knew (*SPOILER COMING*) such as Laura Bush's struggle with fertility and how she and George were all set up to adopt a baby until they found out they were pregnant with the twins. Or how hard it was for Jenna and Barbra in college having secret service following them around. Throughout the entire book the sisters share their joys of growing up with their wonderful parent's and grandparents and the lessons they learned along the way. 

This book left me wanting to run and hug my sister and was a nice reminder that family is everything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment