Monday, June 17, 2019

Quick Trip to NYC


Kyle and I recently took a super quick trip to NYC for a weekend. My parents went to the Dominican Republic for their 25th wedding anniversary and needed to be picked up at JFK so we decided to make a night of it.

Where we stayed:
We stayed at The Park Central hotel which is located on 7th avenue right next to central park. The hotel was very clean and every time I walked into the lobby I thought it smelled like baby powder. I get nervous and just go for something and I just booked a hotel or I would have driven myself crazy. So I accidentally booked us a room with two queen beds but the room was pretty big for NYC.

Where we ate:
Breakfast- I really wanted a bagel obviously for breakfast so pick a bagel was right next to our hotel so Saturday morning we waited in line. The bagels we very good, Kyle got blueberry and a plain and I got an everything bagel.


Lunch- Kyle is obsessed with the barstool and the pardon my take podcast and loves the "one bite everyone knows the rules" (if you don't know what that is it's pretty much pizza review). So Kyle really wanted to go to Angelos pizza which was given a 9.3 on the "one bite everyone knows the rule scale" so Ky was really excited to try it. It was honestly delicious and I really recommend it.


Dinner- All I wanted was a small fancy Italian restaurant to have a romantic dinner with Kyle. That was EXACTLY what Il Tinello Ristorante is! This small Italian restaurant is so worth the price I can't say enough good about this restaurant. I had the chicken piccata which may have been the best meal I have ever had accompanied by homemade tiramisu which melted in your mouth.


What we did:
Kyle and I both have had our eyes on Allbird sneakers for a while now and Kyle found out that there was an Allbirds store in the city so we had to go check it out. We both ended up getting a pair of sneakers so be on the lookout for that post coming soon. Kyle also really wanted to walk through central park which neither of us had done before so we walked a very small amount before heading back to the hotel. Later Saturday night we traveled over to Hoboken to meet up with some friends before picking my parents up at JFK. If you've never picked someone up at JFK consider yourself lucky, it was the worst thing ever but I was so grateful to have my parents home and safe!


3 comments: