Monday, February 27, 2017

Pinterest Hack FAIL

There are so many different hacks on Pinterest for so many aspects of life. Clothing hacks, makeup hacks, food hacks... you want a shortcut for something? Pinterest is your answer. Now I have seen quite a few people successfully do this Pinterest hack so I'm not 100% sure that I did this correctly. There are a couple of things that could have gone wrong during the process such as, I used the wrong alcohol content (Which I did not even know was a thing, to be honest with you.) I also could have added in too much rubbing alcohol, it could also be the something with the product and the reaction to the rubbing alcohol. Regardless of what the problem was, I did not do this correctly. I actually had to do this process twice on two different products, the first was on my favorite pixie bronzer that I really wanted it to work on. But it didn't and then I accidentally deleted the photos (was not a good day). So I figured I would try it again and as you can see it did not end up working. I even used a different rubbing alcohol content and it still didn't work. So please if you have any tips for me please let me know because I really want this to work.

So here is what I did...


What you need: A broken makeup product | Rubbing alcohol | saran wrap | dropper | and a tool to pat down the product, I just used a spoon.



So this first step is to cover the product with saran wrap and completely break up the product so that it becomes more of a powder. Then add a few drops of rubbing alcohol until completely covered. Then I used my spoon to flatten down the product and leave to dry.


This is what the finished product looks like and continued to look like. This product never dried and stayed this wet goopy consistency. It also stained my fingers for days which I thought was very odd. So if you know what I did wrong let me know!














1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try this. I know have a broken MAC bronzer so if you figure it out please let me know! 😀
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete