Friday, March 9, 2018

Taking a Break from Blogging and Why it's Okay


During the month of February, I took one of the longest breaks I think since I first started my blog, (this may not be true but it feels like the longest break ever to me). As some of you may know I am currently working on the last semester of my undergraduate degree. During the fall I had a tough semester which now can't even compare to this semester. I have never been more stressed out then I am with all the work and hurdles of this semester/year. I feel as though there is just one hurdle after the other to jump over in this past month and unfortunately this means that my blog was the last on my list of priorities. This actually broke my heart, I started this year and one of my goals was to throw myself completely into blogging because it is something that I am so passionate about. I'm not sure why I feel so strongly about writing this post this time after a break, maybe its because I'm feeling emotional about changes that are in the near future, or maybe because I had a goal and I didn't succeed with it. I think it's a combination of a bunch of different reasons. Just now as I read this I feel guilty that I'm not working on homework, which is the worst feeling in the world.

I think what I'm trying to say is that it's okay not to succeed on the first time on something. This is something that I'm learning how to cope with. Failing for the first time is OKAY, hell failing on the second and third time is okay too. Putting something on the back burner is okay also when something important needs to come first. BUT you should never forget about your dreams because your dream in life should be and is the most important aspect of your life. I think I read somewhere that Walt Disney was told he wasn't creative enough and a basketball player whose name I cannot remember didn't make his high school basketball team. Whatever your dream is that you want to achieve, never stop working towards it no matter how many breaks you need to take along the way.

So with that being said, I am back from my break and better because of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment