Friday, June 15, 2018

Maine Trip Recap


Last weekend my family, Kyle and I took a very special trip to Ogunquit Maine. This trip was really special because we surprised my grandparents by showing up at the end of their vacation they were on for their 50th wedding anniversary. My grandma was so surprised she just kept saying "I can't believe it, I just can't believe it". I didn't take many photos because I really took this time to enjoy it with family but I will talk about the amazing places we went to.

We stayed at the Juniper Hill Inn which was beautiful, and one of the best parts was that they had heated pools so even though it was a little chilly it still felt like a vacation because swam in the pool every night that we were there. There was also lilac bushes all over the hotel so the whole place smelled like lilacs.

Where we ate:

  • Ogunquit Lobster Pound Restaurant: This was the first restaurant we ate at, we loved this place because even though I don't eat lobster my family does. At the lobster pound they got the go out and hand pick the lobster they would eat for dinner. 
  • Barnicle Billy's: This restaurant is right on the water with a beautiful view that looked fake. The food and drinks were delicious.
  • Beach Lobster House: This was my favorite restaurant we ate at, the view was absolutely stunning and the decor and setting was very modern and beautiful. We sat on little-cushioned stools I loved it. 
What we did:
  • The first day we walked around the little shops in Kennebunkport which is one of my favorite things to do. I love to shop little boutiques and window shop.
  • The second day we took a lobster boat which was really fun and so interesting. The tour guide looked to be about college aged and the whole time I kept thinking about how much fun that would be to do as a summer job. 
  • The last day we drove over to the Bush family compound which can be seen from land as it is a small peninsula on the ocean. It was absolutely beautiful. And I'm pretty sure Jenna Bush was there due to her Instagram posts.  
This is the Bush family compound.

We had an amazing time in Maine and it was so special to be able to surprise my grandparents and celebrate this amazing milestone with them.

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I have always wanted to go to Maine.

    xoxo, Ashley
    https://sweetandsimplysouthern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun trip! Btw, I like your top :)

    http://innapishtoy.com

    ReplyDelete