Friday, September 7, 2018

Back to School | Weekly Review | Weekend Happenings


Weekly Review: This past week was the start of school which for me means back to work again. Right now I'm subbing a lot because I don't want to get too overwhelmed with work and my own school. Yesterday was the official first day of school for the elementary and high school kids even though it did not feel like it should have been because it was so so so hot.

This past week I also got a new MacBook Air which was completely unexpected and much needed. My old MacBook Air was about five years old and on its last leg, it would only turn on if it was plugged in and that was not going to work for me so it was really time to get a new one. Making such a big purchase made me so nervous. I'm 23 and felt like I should call my mom to get her permission to buy something with my own money (I know i'm ridiculous)!!

Weekend Happenings: One positive part about school starting back up is the Friday night football games! My little sister is on the varsity cheerleading team, it's something she is super passionate about so it's so fun to go watch her. 

I am also going to my favorite Mexican restaurant in Saratoga Springs on Saturday night which I am super excited about. They just opened at a new location which is now two stories and I haven't been to the new one yet! 

Recent Purchases:
  • New Sneakers: New school year means new sneakers for gym class right?! Okay so maybe my "gym class" now consists of work out videos played on my TV and the stationary bike I have at my house but I'll still use this excuse for new sneakers. These new ones I actually got from Target and I am obsessed with them. I feel like they look so different than any other sneaker that I've owned. 
  • Printed Puffer Vest: This is one of my favorite items I bought from all of the Labor day sales that were happening. Jcrew Factory has some amazing deals on these vests, my mom and I actually bought four of them (they will be featured here in the future). This flower printed one is hands down my favorite. 
  • MacBook Air: I already mentioned this big purchase but it's just so exciting when you get to open that crisp and clean apple box, I was even excited about the new charger! There aren't many differences but it just feels new. 
Obsessed with at the moment
  • Bachelor in Paradise: I am in love with this season which I'm surprised with because I was not into Becca's season. I love Jenna and Jordan and of course Kevin and Astrid but I'm super sad about Tia and Jordan. So I am sad that they didn't work out but after thinking about how Tia reacted and her saying he tried and it didn't work I am okay with them going their separate ways. I am actually super excited about him being the new bachelor.
  • Scotty McCreery's Wedding Video: I love watching wedding themed videos on YouTube. I love getting into that deep weird part of YouTube and you start watching maid of honor speeches where they sing the speech (This one is my favorite). If you know me then you know I only really listen to country music so two when two of my favorite things combined you know I was excited. Scotty's wedding music video is almost as beautiful as his new wife Gabi who just looks like the sweetest person ever. I definitely recommend giving this a watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment