Monday, November 5, 2018

Blue Gingham Vest 2 Ways

I always buy certain pieces and never know how to style them in ways more than one so I thought I would challenge myself with a new series on the blog where I take one clothing piece and show it a couple different ways. This time I am showing this gingham vest with outfits that I have already shown on the blog. I kept the outfits super casual so you can see how easy it is to pair with things you probably already have in your closet.
I have fallen in love with this dress so much that I am literally trying to find a million different ways to wear it. I added this vest to the dress and fell in love with the look all over again. Adding a vest also adds warmth and a little something extra to the outfit! 



This second outfit is pretty much my fall uniform, you can usually find me in a sweater and a vest at least once a week. The Teddie sweater from J.Crew Mercantile is perfect under any coat or vest because they keep you warm but thin enough to comfortably fit under any outerwear. 

This past week I posted on my Instagram stories (@petiteinherheels) and did a poll asking: Do you wear your vest under your coat or do you take it off when you put your coat on? I wasn't surprised to see the results showed most people to keep the vest on when they wore a coat. But this is always something that sort of deters me from wearing a vest because it drives me nuts to be shoved into my jacket with a vest on underneath. Only a couple people said they take it off when they wear a jacket and I think I'm on their team! 

No comments:

Post a Comment