Monday, September 26, 2016

My Skin Care routine

  Products: Get Your Glow On | 24Seven Day & Night Revitalizing Cream | Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser | Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment | Glam Glow super mud

      My skin has been something that I have always struggled with and it has been on of my worst insecurities while growing up. I still struggle with my acne to this day, and it is something that I have begun to take more seriously as time has gone on. In the beginning, I usually would just cake on as much foundation as I possibly could. I will admit that I hid under my makeup in high school and the first year of college. I would not dare leave the house without my full foundation routine. My skin is still not where I want it to be but I love trying out new products to see what works the best.

      I do have very sensitive skin, I tried proactive, which works well for some people, but not for me. I'm very allergic to benzoyl peroxide which is a main ingredient in proactive products. It makes my face usually around my chin and cheeks, swell up and get red and blotchy. Through the years I have learned what works for my skin and what does not. Neutrogena works really well for me and right now I have been loving their morning burst face wash.

      In the morning and at night I have been loving the hey honey moisturizer. A few months ago I received a fairly large sample size of the hey honey facial moisturizer and I have been loving it so much that it is on my list of needs. It does not leave my skin feeling oily after application, and it is meant for morning and night.

      I also use the clean and clear spot treatment. I have used this product for as long as I can remember, it leaves almost a tingling sensation on the skin after application and works really well. I literally think I have gone through almost 10 bottles of this product. It can come in a kit with other products to go along with it but I found that other products work better for me. Along with the clean and clear spot treatment, I also use the clean and clear morning burst facial cleanser and I love it! It makes your face really feel awake and fresh, it leaves a cooling sensation on your face after your done washing.

      For the past couple of years, I have been going to a dermatologist office to also help with my skin blemishes. I use 4 products all together from my doctor, three are creams/ gels and the fourth is an antibiotic, but I didn't feel 100% comfortable with photographic that. The creams / gels that I have are to be used at different times during the day.


Morning: I only have one product from my doctor that is prescribed to be used in the morning. (Name of the red tube) is of a gel consistency and actually feels very refreshing going on in the morning time. The downside of this gel is that you have to wait a couple of minutes for the gel to completely dry or else it will peel off. Even sometimes when it is completely dry it will still peel off through my foundation. I also take one antibiotic pill in the morning.

Evening: I use two products in the evening time, the first is (name of green tube) and (name of white tube). The (green) has to go on first, and then 20 minutes later (white) has to go on. My doctor told me that the combination of these two products used right after the other will cause the pigment of the skin to turn orange. So I take this tip very seriously because I do not want orange skin.

      Every now and then I also like to do a face mask I try to do at least one a week but no more than three a week. Currently, I have two favorites the first is the glam glow mud mask. I used to use this awhile ago, but the expensive cost made me slowly turn away from it. But a couple months ago I received this sample size in my ipsy box and remembered why I spent the money on the mask in the first place. I think now they have come out with smaller cheaper sizes. I am also currently loving this get your glow on peel off facial mask. It is so pleasing to peel this mask off and afterward my face feels so soft and rejuvenated.

Let me know down in the comments what your favorite skin care product is!!












12 comments:

  1. I really want to try that face mask now! Thanks for the tips!

    xoxoxo,
    Abigail
    http://www.belleofthebrier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally here you! I have very sensitive skin and always have problems when I try new products. I am a big fan of Eminence...it's an organic skincare line and their products are AMAZING. Highly recommend!

    -Emily
    https://baublesandthreads.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I will look into that I'm always looking for new products!!

      Delete
  3. I struggle with my skin too and I also have sensitive skin. I feel like we are on the same page because not until recently I started to take my skincare routine seriously! Your honey moisturizer sounds amazing and I'm going to check that out!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading about your routine! I have super sensitive skin as well so I love hearing what others use!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensitive skin is such a challenge but it seems like you have found some great products. I'll have to try the Get Your Glow On peel off mask. I love Aveeno products especially their calming line because they are so gentle on your skin :)

    -Taylor
    www.greysuede.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a fan of Clean and Clear Morning Burts too-it smells so refreshing!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very informative post! I wish I had started with a proper skincare routine was I was younger. I am very impressed by you! Taking care of my skin is one of my favorite beauty regimens.
    xo Debbie | www.tothineownstylebetrue.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as I’m attempting to create my own personal blog and want to learn where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete


  9. I wanted to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!!
    Just Natural Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It's always exciting to read through articles from other authors and practice something from their websites.

    ReplyDelete