Monday, August 7, 2017

Beach Bag Essentials


Right now I am living out of my beach bag because my days are filled with the beach and pool. As you may know, if you are a reader of my blog, my family and I are on our annual family vacation. Every year we drive down to Myrtle Beach and spend the entire day relaxing on the beach and then enjoying a nice dinner and some activities at night.

When I say we spend all day at the beach I mean we spend the entire day down at the beach and all of us wouldn't have it any other way. But being down at the beach so much my beach bag essentials come in super handy.

A towel: This one seems pretty obvious to me but it is super fun to use a nice one. I really want to invest in a super nice one but I can't justify spending a ton of money on something that is thrown in the sand. I use a Victoria Secret one that I received as a free gift and I love it.

Sunscreen: I have three sunscreen essentials the one is a face sunscreen which I think is the most important object in your beach bag. This is the Avene ultra light hydrating sunscreen for the face. It's very light and doesn't leave your face feeling greasy. The second sunscreen essential is the Australian Gold sunscreen spray gel. My skin is so sensitive to oils and creams that anything else makes me break out into hives. This is the only one I can find that my skin is okay with, I really like it because it's a mix between a spray and a lotion for super easy application. My third sunscreen essential is a chapstick with a sunscreen built in. I love Pacifica sun lip balm, I have a bunch that I use because I always end up losing them.

Sunhat: My eyes are so sensitive to the sun and there is nothing worse than a sunburn on the top of your head so this makes a sunhat a key essential. I am loving the blue and white ribbon on this one from target, you can see how I styled it for the lake in my post here.

Sunglasses: Like I said my eyes are so sensitive to the sun so sunglasses are a must, I have a pair of pink ones from Kate Spade which are my favorite but here is a similar pair and a cheaper pair here.

A good book: I am a sucker for a good easy beach read. My go to is a Nicholas Sparks book, His new one titled Two by Two looks like its a really good one.

Beach cover up: This Micheal Star scarf can be worn in so many different ways that it makes the best cover up. It can be worn as a skirt and wrap around dress. I've been living in it while at the beach.




















No comments:

Post a Comment