Friday, May 15, 2020

What I’ve Watched Lately


I recently posted the shows I've been watching here and am now giving an update of what I've watched since! 
Outer banks: this is one of those shows that has taken over like wildfire. It’s a story about teens and young adults living in the outer banks of North Carolina who have to solve a mystery that hits close to home to one of the main characters. It’s a tiny bit suspenseful but it’s a quick watch and a nice escape to warm weather.

Hollywood: I just finished this Netflix limited series last night and if you haven’t watched it you need to. It is set in post World War II about the film industry and aspiring actors and actresses. This show dives into race and homosexuality with love and a small amount of scandal. Defiantly a show for adults only but a very good one.

All the Bright Places: This is a Netflix original movie that captures the struggles of mental health and finding yourself. It's a really sweet story about two kids in high school who both have stories of their own trying to navigate through life. 

Dead to Me: Season two of this show just came out and I am already through half of the second season. The first season is all about a woman who loses her husband and befriends a woman from a self-help group for those who have lost a loved one. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini are the rocky dynamic duo who defiantly have their ups and downs. 

Always be my Maybe: This is another Netflix original movie that stars Ali Wong who is my favorite comedian in a love story between two characters who have a past. It's a classic story of two friends in high school who tell each other that if they don't marry anyone they will get together. It is also hysterical and had me laughing out loud which is not something I usually do with movies. 

Little Fires Everywhere: This show took over like wildfire (no pun intended) and if you haven't watched it yet you need too. I have an unpopular opinion that this started out kind of slow and then picked up as the show went on. This show is filled with drama and very strong women. 

Big Time Adolescence: This is a Hulu original movie starting Pete Davidson which is a sort of coming of age movie. This movie follows the unique relationship between a young boy and his sister's boyfriend who form an unlikely bond. Plus my friend's cousin worked on this movie which made me want to watch it even more. 




1 comment: