Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Jade Roller Review (HONEST!!)




Okay so I have gone back and forth about writing this post for some time now but I figured I would go ahead and do it anyways. By now you have probably heard about the beauty trend that has taken over the beauty world. The jade roller is a mineral stone that you roll along your face to de-puff your under eyes. 

Now before I go into this any further I do want to point out that my face is EXTREMELY sensitive and almost everything irritates my face. So with that being said the jade roller did irritate my face. 

I have been wanting one of these for a very long time and I finally got my hands on one a couple months ago. I used it for a couple of days before I went to sleep, it stays pretty cold and feels so amazing on your face. After about a week of using the roller, I woke up one morning with a line of what looked to be blemishes all along my face. I will insert a picture, it was pretty bad on the left side of my face and only a few dots on the right side of my face. These bumps didn’t hurt and they weren’t really raised but they didn’t look great and they were starting to concern me. I had a pretty bad cold at the time so I went over to the doctor just to have them check it out. Now, this was just my primary doctor and not my dermatologist, but the doctor said that what could have happened was that I had a preexisting blemish on my face and when I rolled the jade roller along my face I could have spread it throughout my face. They put me on an antibiotic and it cleared up within a few days. 



So this honestly could have happened due to a combination of different things put together such as bacteria on my face and my sickness at the time. I haven’t tried it again since but part of me wants to see if this was just a coincidence or it will reoccur. 

So if you haven’t used a jade roller but want to, I didn’t write this post to discourage anyone from using one of these rollers because honestly, my skin is so weird this is probably just a me thing. But my advice going forward, 
  • If you have blemishes on your face I would be so careful running the roller over them or not running the roller over them at all.
  • Make sure to clean the roller off every time before and after use. 
  • Do not share the roller.
  • Clean your face before using the roller. 

I hope this helps someone and like I said before I really loved using the jade roller before I got the infection and I want to give in another try I just want to get my skin under control first!

1 comment:

  1. I liked this honest review! With beauty products and skincare and skin tools especially it is extremely important to not just jump on the bandwagon, but to thoroughly examine first, wether that particular product is even suited for your skin. I bet this is helpful for people looking up reviews and also suffering from sensitive skin like yours!
    xx Janine
    https://walkinmysneaks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete