Friday, October 25, 2019

Weekly Review | Weekend Happenings


Weekly Review: This week was a quick one, I had two short days of my internship and then one half-day at my two days of work. I love weeks that feel so short and go by quickly. Other than that it was a pretty average week!


Weekend Happenings: This weekend we are going to a fundraiser on Saturday night and maybe celebrating my brother's birthday which is on Tuesday. Other than that my Sunday will be preparing for my week ahead with planning out my clothes, doing my meal prep, and coming up with social-emotional learning activities for my internship.

Recent finds:
  • Halloween Shirts: Earlier this week on Wednesday I posted about this Hocus Pocus top from Amazon which is perfect for Halloween. Linked below are a few of my other favorite Halloween shirts that are all prime and if you order soon will be here before Halloween!
  • Modern Love: If you haven't watched this show you need to drop everything and go watch it. This show just launched last week on amazon prime and it is fabulous. I think that it has the same vibe as Black Mirror but instead of all the freaky stuff, it's about love. I know that sounds weird but it has the same concept of a different story per episode where nothing connects. And Tina Fey and Anne Hathaway are in two episodes so that adds to the wow factor also. 

My Meal Prep This Week: Now that we are back into the full swing of things I am back to meal prepping for the week. This week I did a super easy one to start with. All I do is put a few pieces of chicken, carrots, and broccoli on a sheet pan. Then I cover everything in a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. It is super simple and tastes delicious, you can add rosemary or other spices for more flavor if preferred.

Favorites:
  • DIY Raw Hem: I talked about this in Wednesday's post "Twist Knot Top" about how I used this YouTube Tutorial to DIY raw hem on my amazing marshals find! This tutorial is so easy that I am now completely obsessed with doing the raw hem. 

8 comments:

  1. That basic witch shirt is cleverly fun!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute leopard print shoes! hope you have a nice weekend, sounds like it will be a busy one for you! :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you've had a wonderful weekend! That meal prep sounds great, I'm always searching for easy, but delicious recipes!

    https://www.makelifemarvelous.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Halloween shirts are just so cute! Love all the designs. It seems like each year there get to be cuter and cuter ones!
    Caitlin
    http://www.lemonadepressblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pair of jeans I've been wanting to do a raw hem to, but wasn't sure how to get the right look. That is a great tutorial you linked to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those leopard loafers are fab!!! I have a similar pair that I need to find and start wearing again!! x

    Yiota
    https://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous shot. I need to check the show on Amazon Prime. Besides you have chosen some really nice shirts. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete