Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Self-Care During a Tough Time


Hello! Long time no talk, I have to say that it feels good to be back into the blank white page where I can just spill all of my thoughts. I've had some time to think about this blog and what it is and what it means to me and I think I realized that it will always be something that I come back to and will never be something I just give up. This blog is a mishmash of things that are happening in my life and I plan to keep it that way.

With that being said I am currently getting a Masters in Social Work which I love with my whole heart and am so saddened that it has pretty much come to an in-person halt. So much of social work relies on human interaction so without that being allowed to happen I would like to extend my "services" and be here for anyone who may need it. You can private message me on my Instagram @petiteinherheels no questions asked just here for support.

One of the most important things (I personally think) we talk about in social work is self-care and right now it is so important to take time for ourselves and indulge in self-care. Self-care is not going on vacation or getting a 200$ massage, while those things are nice it's not something you can do every day. Self-care should be implemented into your everyday life such as taking a few minutes every morning to meditate, listening to the playlist of your favorite songs on the way to work, or even taking a hot shower. Just a little time to yourself will make your mental health stronger and you as a person stronger.

My favorite forms of self-care:
- Listening to a podcast, my favorite is The Morning Toast 
- Making sure to schedule in watching a favorite T.V. show, right now it's Summer House 
- Going for a walk, this is my top self-care priority especially right now, just getting outside. 

Take care of yourselves and reach out if you need it @petiteinherheels

3 comments:

  1. I love going for walks right now. It feels so good to get outside.

    Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your routine! Walks are so important.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm walking like crazy these days! It really helps clear my mind..

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete