Friday, November 1, 2019

Save Vs. Splurge

Happy Friday everyone, I am so excited for today's post! I am a sucker for a good dupe and I have rounded up some of my recent favorites ones. 

I recently purchased Target's Brielle Microsuede Riding Boots after I saw the Steve Madden Janae Chestnut Suede and thought no way I was going to pay $230 for a pair of boots. So when I saw the Target ones with a lower heel and only $40 I was all for it. Both boots come in the chestnut and the taupe color and the Target boots also come in black. The Steve madden boot has a 2.25-inch heel and the Target boots have a 1.5-inch block heel so it is not much bigger. The boot shaft height for the Target boots is 16.5 inches and the Steve Madden ones are 17 inches. These boots are super similar with the Steve Madden ones being a tiny bit bigger. 

I love Kendra Scott earrings and all of the different colors that they have but they are a little pricey to buy all different colors for different occasions. I found these ones on Amazon which I don't think are an exact dupe but they are very similar. Amazon has a bunch of different colors all around the $12 range. The Amazon ones are a little larger than the Kendra Scott ones but hang down from the hook a little further. 

I have a Cameron street purse by kate spade in white and black which I love but when I was walking through Target the other day this dome satchel caught my eye. The Target one looks just like the Kate spade. I find that satchel bags are so convenient to have, especially with the longer strap. 

I love looking for dupes for an expensive foundation in the drug store form. Half the time the drug store foundation is made in the same factory as the higher end ones. Recently I found this app called brandefy where people can rate how similar drug store brands are to higher-end brands. While I was on there I saw this duo and it reminded me of how much I used to love the Maybelline fit me foundation.

Like I said on Wednesday's Colorblock Cheetah Print post I have an obsession with accents of cheetah this year. I love adding a pop of print to any outfit especially through a belt. I love when I like the cheaper option more than the expensive one like in this case. 


5 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline products too, especially that foundation! Thanks for sharing! :)

    melissakacar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... I'm all about saving!
    Love the belt!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such great save options! I love the boots and belt option!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hello,
    Usually, I never comment on blogs but your blog is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up




    ReplyDelete